We’re looking for an experienced journalist to take the helm as ebiketips diversifies into more segments of the electric transport market. In the initial phase this will be 3 days per week pro-rata, with the ability to work flexibly. We aim to grow the role into a full-time position as the site expands and traffic grows.
The editor’s role is:
- To widen the focus of the current ebiketips site to encompass scooters, cars and light electric vehicles to make it a prime destination for electric transport news
- To commission content in the new areas of the site in order to have depth ahead of the relaunch
- To facilitate the growth of the site’s user base and traffic with the overall aim of growing core users, engagement and revenue.
- To head up the day-to-day running of the site through skilful and efficient management of the editorial team and freelance budget.
- To work with the directors to set the agenda for the site on a daily, weekly, and seasonal basis, and to implement that agenda.
- To ensure that the homepage is ticking over and that new content is being published regularly
- To manage the homepage and social media channels so that high performing content maximises its potential.
- To keep abreast of the site analytics and site revenue to see that the chosen mix is effective, and adjust it as necessary.
- To identify new ways to build good levels of user engagement.
- To keep abreast of new trends across the electric transport market that will be relevant to our current users and help us to attract new ones.
- To liaise with the editorial team to ensure the right content is being created today, and the right content is being planned for the future.
- To liaise with the commercial team to alert them to any potential sources of revenue and with regard to any sponsored content they may have sold or be proposing to sell.
- To ensure that the content published by the site is of the required standard and to take appropriate action on those (rare) occasions that it isn’t.
- To be the public face of the site, representing the site as and where necessary
- To be accessible to users, advertisers, suppliers and other media.
- Any editor of a F-At website is free to reorder or re-assign the role (within the usual budgetary constraints) if they want to reshape the role in a way that better helps them focus on achieving the agreed key strategic objectives.
Qualifications and experience
You will be:
- An experienced online journalist, ideally to editor level. You’ll have significant experience of the electric transport market.
- A good communicator, demonstrating a willingness to engage with site users and the site team.
- Experienced in interpreting Google Analytics data, and ideally other online audience measuring formats.
- Well versed in the fundamentals of SEO.
- Familiar with, and a regular user of, the main social media channels such as Facebook and Instagram
- Alive to social media trends and potential emerging platforms and channels.
- Commercially minded, with an openness to new commercial possibilities.
If you think this is the job for you, you can apply using the form below. The closing date for applications is 28 December.